Our Motto:

We yell because we don't care

miércoles, 20 de enero de 2010

El poder de la abstracción

"I never would have thought, in my most extreme paranoid fantasies, that my software, and the others like it, would have enabled Wall Street to decimate the investments of everyone in my family. Not even the most jaded observer saw that coming. I can’t deny that it allowed a privileged few to exploit the unsuspecting many. But catastrophe, depression, busted banks, forced auctions of entire tracts of houses? The fact that my software, over which I would labor for a decade, facilitated these events is numbing. Is capitalism inherently corrupt? I don’t think the free flow of goods in and of itself is the culprit. No, it’s the complexity masked by thousands of unseen whirring widgets that beguiles people into a sense of power, a feeling of dominion over the future."

De cómo fue creado el software que convertía hipotecas basura en bonos de inversión: How Michael Osinski Helped Build the Bomb That Blew Up Wall Street -- New York Magazine

Publicado con email. . Original en Flaigrod: Lite Edition

No hay comentarios.: